SLIDER

Breakfast Bruschetta!

Saturday, March 23, 2013

This morning after the hubby and I worked out I made us some breakfast bruschetta! This is my twist on the classic bruschetta! I'm sure something very similar has been done =)

Fresh toasted French bread is layered with low calorie blue cheese spread, sliced grape tomatoes, sautéed spinach, center cut bacon, and of course a good ol big sunny side up egg!!! YUM

Sunny side up can be difficult to make pretty, so I purchased a pan specifically for this-- see photo!

I also use my handy dandy bacon cooker in the microwave which I LOVE because there is not much clean up, nothing splatters anywhere, and it automatically drips all the grease off. Again, see photo- these can be purchased at bed bath & beyond!!

Final product was delicious and nutritious! I believe each total piece had about 110 calories (omit the yolk and it drops by 40)!

HINT: I don't use butter--- I cook only with light oilve oil!!

Enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger