SLIDER

Assorted RAW gluten free Dessert truffles!

Tuesday, July 15, 2014


It's been quite hard for me lately to stay on the healthy eating path this summer. I'm not sure why, but summers are always the hardest for me. Fall is the easiest! My theory is that sunshine brings out more socializing, which usually revolves around food, combined with the fact that I run next to nothing in the hot summer months because of the heat. SO, my love for chocolate (and food in general) tends to win that battle in the summer.

I made these because I always need some afternoon chocolate. Like always. All the time. About an hour after lunch. I couldn't tell you why, but at 2:30 I turn into a hound-sniffing-where's-the-chocolate-human being... So I made these!


They are SUPER easy to make, and as long as you use all natural raw ingredients you can pretty much use any combination of flavors! I made regular chip, chocolate cacao chip, and chocolate coconut! I think the chocolate cacao chip was my favorite.... But they are all delicious and HEALTHY!! 

Ingredients:
-2 c cashews, soaked in water for several hours
-10-12 dates, also soaked in water
-2 tbs cacao powder (natural- note: this is not the same as cocoa powder) 
-cacao nibs
-2 tbs light organic agave 
-shredded coconut

1. Using a food processor, shred up dates, set aside, using 1 tbs of the honey.

2. Do the same thing with the cashews using the other tbs of honey.

3. Mix the two together with a spoon or spatula. 

4. Pour half the mixture back into processor and add the raw cacao powder. Blend. 



5. Roll into balls and then coat with shredded coconut and/or cacao nibs. I did four balls of each flavor, which made 12 total. 



---next time I'm going to melt some dark chocolate and drizzle it on top and then refrigerate for a crisp on top!! 




Each one has 85 calories, 9g carbs, 5g fat, 2g protein!! 

Refrigerate and take with you to work or throughout the week for a treat!! 💜







No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger